How To Supplement Your Food Plan To Lose Weight
Discover the certain foods, spices and herbs that can be incorporated into your food plan to lose weight. In this article we give an overview of the foods that help the body dilute fat, boost metabolism and lower blood sugar levels; all of which aid weight loss. We also provide some tips when it comes to building a nutritious food plan which will help someone who is attempting to lose weight.
Supplementing Your Food Plan To Lose Weight
There are certain natural foods that can aid weight loss as they contain fat burning properties. The following are obviously not what a staple and nutritional food plan should be centred around but should you incorporate them into your diet may give you that extra boost should you be attempting to lose weight:
- Cayenne pepper – Stimulates a ‘thermodynamic burn’ which lasts for hours after you have finished eating and also speeds up metabolism.
- Chilies and chili pepper – Raises the body temperature resulting in the metabolism speeding up.
- Citrus fruits – Their high levels of vitamin c help the body dilute fat allowing it to pass through the body more easily and it also speeds up metabolism.
- Green tea – Burns calories throughout the whole day.
- Dandelion seeds.
- Garlic – Keeps insulin levels low and increases metabolism.
- Ginger - Detoxifies and boosts metabolism.
- Cinnamon – Lowers blood sugar levels and helps body burn sugar faster.
There are also certain essential nutrious foods that should be incorporated into your food plan particularly if your aim is to lose weight. The following foods are fibre rich and will help to lower the amount of calories that are absorbed from food. These particular fibre rich foods will also keep you feeling fuller for longer; which ultimately aids weight loss:
- Oatmeal & Oats.
- Whole grains: Bread and Rice.
And finally we cannot forget to mention fresh fish; a food that is full of nutrients and should be eaten regularly, fish can also help in losing weight as it is proven to lower the protein hormone ‘leptin’ which is responsible for slow metabolism.
Creating A Food Plan To Lose Weight – Tips:
- One of the most important tips for anyone wishing to embark on a healthy eating regime, whether that be for weight loss reasons or not, is to drink lots of water. You should be aiming to drink at least eight glasses a day.
- It is important when embarking on any kind of healthy food plan when your intention is to lose weight that you not only choose foods that are nutritious but also foods that can be sustained. Your food plan shouldn’t be thought of as a diet but more a lifelong healthy eating routine.
- It is important when embarking on any type of food plan to lose weight that you do not regard foods as either good foods or bad foods. Food should be viewed positively there are no ‘bad’ foods there are however foods that should be viewed as a treat or something to eat in moderation. It may be wise to save your favourite non nutritious foods as a victory meal; something that is eaten as a reward when you reach your goals.
- It stands to reason that eating six small meals a day can promote weight loss as opposed to three larger meals. Your body is being refuelled regularly and has no need to store any excess fat. It is important that you choose foods that are high in nutrients for these smaller meals, rather than foods that are high in fat or sugar.
Our final tip and possibly the most principal is that healthy and long lasting weight loss cannot be achieved without a combination of eating a healthy nutritious diet and exercise. It is important not to calorie count specifically but to be aware that any excess calories at the end of the day will result in excess fat.